应届毕业生专属福利!

求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

在做面板数据时,hausman检验结果是负值,那怎么办呢?到底是采取固定效应还是随机效应呢?有什么理论依据啊?

请各位高手赐教哦,非常感谢。

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:Hausman检验 hausman ausman SMA Man 检验 结果 hausman 负值

沙发
phoenyfan 发表于 2007-8-20 12:50:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

这个东西是没有办法滴,好像是hausman检验失效,换个其他检验试试

使用道具

藤椅
wangbgood 发表于 2007-8-20 13:23:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

啊,具体什么检验呀?

chi2(6) = (b-B)'[(V_b-V_B)^(-1)](b-B)
= -6.06 chi2<0 ==> model fitted on these
data fails to meet the asymptotic
assumptions of the Hausman test;
see suest for a generalized test
不懂这个具体什么意思

使用道具

板凳
蜻蜓点水 发表于 2007-8-22 00:42:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

"-help hausman- " shows that you must name the consistent estimator first (then "efficient" estimator). Therefore, if you want valid results you must specify the fixed effects estimator first (since it is the consistent estimator).

Possible solution: run fixed effects estimation first (you must name the consistent estimator first ), then run random effects regression, and then run hausman test.

使用道具

报纸
蓝色 发表于 2007-8-22 11:10:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-10/msg00031.html

Re: st: panel data hausman negative

From vwiggins@stata.com (Vince Wiggins, StataCorp)
To statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject Re: st: panel data hausman negative
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:20:49 -0500

Paula Garcia <paulagarciag@latinmail.com> reports getting different results from -hausman- and -xthausman-. I recommend that Paula believe the results from -hausman- and not -xthausman-. The main reason -xthausman- was undocumented was that it was too easily fooled by non positive definite (PD) differenced covariance matrices or by variables with degenerate panel behavior. Paula notes that -suest- cannot be easily run because -xtreg- does not produce scores. If Paula wants another test, I suggest an augmented regression that is asymptotically equivalent to the Hausman test (see example below). Let me take some wholesale excerpts from an earlier statalist post (I don't recall the exact day). This post addressed a substantially similar question from Eric Neumayer. ---------------------------------- Begin excerts -------------------------- Eric Neumayer <E.Neumayer@lse.ac.uk> asks why he is getting different results from -xthaus- and -hausman- when testing for fixed vs. random effects after estimation with -xtreg-. [...] I believe there are open questions about Hausman tests in situations like Eric's, see the explanation that follows. Preliminaries ------------- It is hard to discuss the Hausman test without being specific about how the test is performed. Let B be the parameter estimates from a fully efficient estimator (random-effects regression in this case) and b be the estimates from a less efficient estimator (fixed-effects regression), but one that is consistent in the face of one or more violated assumptions, in this case that the effects are correlated with one or more of the regressors. If the assumption is violated then we expect that the estimates from the two estimators will not be the same, b~=B. The Hausman test is essentially a Wald test that (b-B)==0 for all coefficients where the covariance matrix for b-B is taken as the difference of the covariance matrices (VCEs) for b and B. What is amazing about the test is that we can just subtract these two covariance matrices to get an estimate of the covariance matrix of (b-B) without even considering that the VCEs of the two estimators might be correlated -- they are after all estimated on the same data. We can just subtract, but only because the the VCE of the fully efficient estimator is uncorrelated with the VCEs of all other estimators, see Hausman and Taylor (1981), "panel data and unobservable individual effects", econometrica, 49, 1337-1398). The VCE of the efficient estimator will also be smaller than the less efficient estimator. Taken together, these results imply that the subtraction of the two VCE (V_b-V_B) will be positive definite (PD) and that we need not consider the covariance between the two VCEs. These results, however, hold only asymtotically. For any given finite sample we have no reason to believe that (V_b-V_B) will be PD. So, it is amazing that we can just subtract these two matrices, but the price we pay is that we can only do so safely if we have an infinite amount of data. The Hausman test, unlike most tests, relies on asymptotic arguments not only for its distribution, but for its ability to be computed! Let's discuss what we do what we do when (V_b-V_B) in not PD in the context of Eric's results. Aside: If anyone is interested in a Hausman-like test that drops the assumption that either estimator is fully efficient, actually estimates the covariance between the VCEs, and can always be computed, see Weesie (2000) "Seemingly unrelated est. and cluster-adjusted sandwich estimator", STB Reprints Vol 9, pp 231-248. The test unfortunately requires the scores from the estimator, and -xtreg, fe- does not directly produce these. <Note, a version of -suest- command is now official> Of Inverses and Hausman Statistics ---------------------------------- The reason that -xthaus- and -hausman- produce different statistics on Eric's models is that they take different inverses of this non-PD matrix. -xthaus- uses Stata's -syminv()- which zeros out columns and rows to form a sub-matrix that is PD and inverts that matrix, whereas -hausman- uses a Moore-Penrose generalized inverse. Most of the literature on Hausman tests suggests that a generalized inverse such as Moore-Penrose be used when the matrix is not PD, however, I have not seen a foundation of this suggestion (and would appreciation a reference if anyone knows of one). Two of us at Stata have independently run some informal simulations, where non-PD matrices are common, to determine if either of these inverses has nominal coverage for a true null. While these simulations are not complete enough to share or publish, we both found that neither inverse performs well. This doesn't seem too surprising to me, if the information in our sample is insufficient to produce a PD "VCE" then the basis of the test would seem to be in question. -xthaus- does not make it clear when the matrix is not PD. I recall having read, though I cannot now find the reference, that in the case of random vs. fixed effects that the matrix was either always PD. This may have been the thinking in excluding this check from -xthausman-. Regardless, it is clearly not impossible and is not even unlikely. Simulations show that non-PD matrices are quite common. An Alternative -------------- Even in their early work, Hausman and Taylor (1981) discuss an asymptotically equivalent test for random vs. fixed effects using an augmented regression. There are actually several forms of the augmented regression, all of which are asymptotically equivalent to the Hausman test. All of these augmented regression tests are based on estimating an augmented regression that nests both the random- and fixed-effects models. They are parameterized in such a way that we can perform a simple Wald test of a set of the jointly estimated coefficients. They have fewer of the mechanical and interpretation problems associated with the Hausman test. I have include below my signature a block of code that will perform an augmented regression test for Eric's model (it also performs the Hausman test using -xthause- and -hausman-). It can easily be adapted to any model by changing the depvar and varlist macros. If I have given the impression that I don't much care for the Hausman test, good. I don't. In ad hoc simulations I have found that in addition to its proclivity to be uncomputable, the test has low power for the current problem, for tests of engodeniety in instrumental variables regression, and for tests of independence of irrelvant alternatives (IIA) in choice models. Regardless, the test is a staple in econometrics and it will stay in Stata. -- Vince vwiggins@stata.com Note: Paula should be able to easily adapt this code. ---------------------------------- BEGIN --- foreric.do --- CUT HERE ------- local id myid local depvar lnuncs local varlist lngdp ecrise ecfall urban lnhouse femalepa male1544 /* */ lndiscr lnfree lnpts latin ssa deathp rulelaw protest cathol /* */ muslim transiti lnethv oecd war year89 year92 year95 xtreg `depvar' `varlist', re hausman, save xthaus xtreg `depvar' `varlist', fe hausman, less tokenize `varlist' local i 1 while "``i''" != "" { qui by `id': gen double mean`i' = sum(``i'') / _n qui by `id': replace mean`i' = mean`i'[_n] qui by `id': gen double diff`i' = ``i'' - mean`i' local newlist `newlist' mean`i' diff`i' local i = `i' + 1 } xtreg `depvar' `newlist' , re qui test mean1 = mean1 , notest /* clear test */ local i 2 while "``i''" != "" { if `b'[1,colnumb(`b', "mean`i'")] != 0 & /* */ `b'[1,colnumb(`b', "diff`i'")] != 0 { qui test mean`i' = diff`i' , accum notest } local i = `i' + 1 } test ---------------------------------- END --- foreric.do --- CUT HERE ------- * * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html * http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ 

使用道具

地板
蓝色 发表于 2007-8-22 11:14:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

147795.pdf (328.68 KB)

The Hausman test statistic can be negative even asymptotically

已有 2 人评分论坛币 学术水平 热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
日新少年 + 1 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子
SpencerMeng + 20 + 1 + 1 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 20  学术水平 + 2  热心指数 + 2  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

macross509 发表于 2008-4-14 13:02:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Hausman检验经常会得到负的CHI2值,对于STATA9.0版本以上的,可以使用hausman新增的sigmaless和sigmamore两个选项可以大大降低chi2为负的次数。
The Pursuit of HappYness

使用道具

baoya2000 发表于 2008-5-20 20:03:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

sigmamore and sigmaless specify that the two covariance matrices used in
        the test be based on a common estimate of disturbance variance
        (sigma2).

sigmamore specifies that the covariance matrices be based on the
            estimated disturbance variance from the efficient estimator.
            This option provides a proper estimate of the contrast variance
            for so-called tests of exogeneity and overidentification in
            instrumental variables regression.

sigmaless specifies that the covariance matrices be based on the
            estimated disturbance variance from the consistent estimator.

These options can only be specified when both estimators save
        e(sigma) or e(rmse), or with command xtreg.  e(sigma_e) is saved
        after command xtreg with options fe or mle.  e(rmse) is saved after
        command xtreg with option re.

sigmamore or sigmaless are recommended when comparing fixed-effects
        and random-effects linear regression because they are much less
        likely to produce a nonpositive-definite differenced covariance
        matrix (although the tests are asymptotically equivalent whether or
        not one of the options is specified).

使用道具

peyzf 发表于 2008-12-15 19:45:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
sigmamore and sigmaless 的使用可能带来混淆。比如我在先不用该选项时检验结果显示要使用re,但加了选项后则要求选择fe.

使用道具

groad 发表于 2008-12-23 04:53:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

Agree with you

http://down.cenet.org.cn/download.asp?code=Jqgqumjqgoios&site=www http://down.cenet.org.cn/download.asp?code=Jqgqumjqgoios&site=bbs http://down.cenet.org.cn/download.asp?code=Jqgqumjqgoios

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 22:27