求职就业群
赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

hello all:

Is there a good step-by-step online guide for conducting a mixed models analysis in spss?

thanks very much!

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-10-16 9:04:06编辑过]

二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:mixed model Mixed model SPSS mode SPSS model You Mixed Can

回帖推荐

SPSSCHEN 发表于5楼  查看完整内容

Andrew, I've been looking for something like this too and i think the answer is No. The Singer and Willett book is very good and, while others may disagree strongly, it feels like it's written from an HLM perspective. That said, you should look at the UCLA website (www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss). The site has worked examples of using spss to do growth models. The level of detail, in conjunction wi ...

本帖被以下文库推荐

沙发
SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-10-16 08:58:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

The best way to go is to get "Applied Longitudinal Analysis" 2003 by Willett & Singer. Then, you can go to their companion site as well as the UCLA stat pages and get all of the SPSS code for almost all chapters. They also have PowerPoints, tutorials, etc, etc. Further, they also provide SPSS code for some of their published articles that previously used SAS.

Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions

jeffmiller@alphapoint05.net

使用道具

藤椅
SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-10-16 08:58:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
I would one to disagree strongly about S&W's HLM approach. But, what do you mean by an "HLM perspective"?

Jeff

使用道具

板凳
SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-10-16 09:00:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

Hi Andrew, I went through this last spring, and the best guide I could find came from John Painter's (UNC) web site. Using the Singer & Willet/UCLA dataset (the one others have already referred you to), he takes you through mixed models using SPSS. You can download it off his website or send me an e-mail and I'll shoot you a copy. Also, I have another pdf you might be interested in. It's a guide to web resources for multi-level modeling. Let me know if you want either of those. Take care and good luck.

Best,

Lisa Lisa T. Stickney Ph.D. Student The Fox School of Business and Management Temple University

使用道具

报纸
SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-10-16 09:01:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Andrew, I've been looking for something like this too and i think the answer is No. The Singer and Willett book is very good and, while others may disagree strongly, it feels like it's written from an HLM perspective. That said, you should look at the UCLA website (www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss). The site has worked examples of using spss to do growth models. The level of detail, in conjunction with the S&W book, is like what spss manuals used to be like. Other than that, i think you might want to look at SAS documentation. In particular a book called something like Linear Mixed Models for SAS or somthing like that. I have the ref at home. It is written by the guy who wrote SAS's mixed model proc. Actually, i'm curious. A question for those of you who use both spss and sas for mixed models--if there are any such people. If you are familiar with this book, would it help somebody with the spss mixed model routine? Gene Maguin
已有 1 人评分经验 论坛币 收起 理由
bakoll + 5 + 10 热心帮助其他会员

总评分: 经验 + 5  论坛币 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

地板
SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-10-16 09:07:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

使用道具

SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-12-14 08:22:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

Dear list,

I have a student that has Rorschach protocols for 3 different groups of priests. He initially correlated stress scores from a scale with various measures of the Rorschach. He did this for each group of priests. I recommended that he use regression and dummy code the three groups of priests. He wants to compare each group to the other on the relation between the IV and DV. What would be the best way to accomplish this. Suggestions appreciated.

Martin Sherman

使用道具

SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-12-14 08:23:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Does anyone know if Multivariate Regression (using multiple DVs and multiple IVs; I believe you can do this in SAS) is mathematically the same as doing an SPSS GLM Multivariate Analysis of Covariance (using multiple DVs and multiple covariates)?

It seems very similar, except that you don't get a regression output in GLM.

Thanks
Matt

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D.
National Science Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellow
College of Education
Department of Individual, Family & Community Education
MSC05 3040
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Telephone (505)277-7115
FAX (505)277-8361

使用道具

SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-12-14 08:47:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

Dear list, Is it possible to perform a spectral map analysis with SPSS? If not, some one knows a free program to do so. Many thanks, /Christian

I believe, but am not sure, that spectral map analysis is the same as correspondence analysis (dual scaling). It is certainly similar in that both spectral map analysis and correspondence analysis project variables and cases in a deduced dimensional space.

Every so often a procedure comes around that is the same but goes by different names. (e.g., correspondence analysis from Europe & dual scaling from Canada, and possibly a form of multidimensional scaling from the US). If you do no get closure from the responses on this list, I suggest you describe your data and problem on the Classification Society list. Mention that you would to use SPSS if possible. http://www.classification-society.org/csna/lists.html#class-l Art Art@DrKendall.org Social Research Consultants University Park, MD USA (Inside the Washington, DC beltway.) (301) 864-5570

使用道具

SPSSCHEN 发表于 2005-12-14 08:50:00 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Good Afternoon Friends, I have a survey composed of 10 yes/no items. I want to compare Yes responses to Item 5 with Yes responses to Item 9. I am interested in testing if there is a significant difference in Yes responses between Item 5 and Item 9. Is the McNemar appropriate? I remember vaguely that someone posted a macro for: test of significant difference between dependent proportions? I failed to find it at Raynald Levesque's page Raynald@spsstools.net .

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注cda
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 09:33