赵安豆老师微信:zhaoandou666

经管之家联合CDA

送您一个全额奖学金名额~ !

感谢您参与论坛问题回答

经管之家送您两个论坛币!

+2 论坛币

Principles of Econometrics By R. Carter Hill, William E. Griffiths, Guay C. Lim
Publisher: Wiley 2007-11-27 | 608 Pages | ISBN: 0471723606 | PDF | 309 MB

Principles of Econometrics clearly shows why econometrics is necessary and provides you with the ability to utilize basic econometric tools. You'll learn how to apply these tools to estimation, inference, and forecasting in the context of real world economic problems. In order to make concepts more accessible, the authors offer lucid descriptions of techniques as well as appropriate applications to today's situations. Along the way, you'll find introductions to simple economic models and questions to enhance critical thinking.

http://ifile.it/0b27gmt/Principles%20of%20Econometrics%203rd%20Ed.part1.rar

http://ifile.it/bs6295c/Principles%20of%20Econometrics%203rd%20Ed.part2.rar
二维码

扫码加我 拉你入群

请注明:姓名-公司-职位

以便审核进群资格,未注明则拒绝

关键词:econometrics Econometric Principles principle metrics 下载 econometrics Principles

已有 1 人评分热心指数 收起 理由
pertain + 1 对论坛有贡献

总评分: 热心指数 + 1   查看全部评分

沙发
jobonet 发表于 2010-1-26 09:47:23 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
Summary: Need to Know
Rating: 4

Nice book, personally dislike the subject matter but it did a good job of explaining the topic.

Summary: know your calculus
Rating: 3

Know your calculus well before buying this book: this book has rigorous use of theoretical proofs, albeit optional.

The information in this book is in concentrated format. It exists to cover the core of econometrics in the shortest time possible, supported by mathematical proofs.
This book will benefit a person who is well versed in mathematical economics and statistics, if you are such a person then this book will offer you a decent insight into econometrics.
For persons with no such talents this book will be intimidating to work through and I don't think you will gain much from it, it would only lead to frustration.

'Undergraduate Econometrics' is not as good as Gujaratis's book Basic Econometrics, so if you have a choice (and time) then get Gujarati instead - he offers better explanations and covers more ground.

Summary: Very good for learning
Rating: 5

This book is a shortened version of "Learning and Practising Econometrics (1993)", which itself is a shortened version of "The Theory and Practice of Econometrics (1982)".

Hill's "Undergraduate Econometrics" instills understanding by slowly going through derivations and principles, while at the same time motivating econometric analysis by referring to economic situations where it can be used. Much better than Gujarati (which tends to be a "cookery book" rather than giving an integrated treatment).

The book both motivates the student and takes them through the steps and methods they will need to adopt in further econometric studies, and always provides a good reference (often to one of the parent books mentioned above) when it omits proofs and other details.

The only weakness of the book reveals what is (to my mind) an unhealthy preoccupation with estimation issues, as opposed to those of data quality. As people like Granger have consistently pointed out, the real issues in 21st century econometrics have to do with what sort of data we have, and what methods are most appropriate in different situations. Despite this, Hill et al almost exclusively dwell on the identically and independently distributed (iid) specification. However, I should point out in the book's defence that this preoccupation is shared by most other introductory (and graduate) textbooks on econometrics.

The book's good points far outweigh these weaknesses. Finally, the second edition has some updates, and discusses such developments as time series econometrics. "Undergraduate Econometrics" should definitely be purchased by anyone wishing to learn about modern empirical methods.

Summary: Excellent intuition BUT A POOR BRIDGE TO THE DREADFUL GREENE

This book is the best book to use for the very first course in econometrics. It takes you by the hand to teach you all you need in terms of the basics.
I only give it 4 stars for two reasons. First, while this book is non-mathematical (and I agree with that) it should have nonetheless appendices that make use of matrices and differential calculus.
Second, this book is extremely expensive.
This book can easily earn 5 stars if in the next edition it contains appendices that will create a bridge towards intermediate econometrics. A more reasonable price would also be welcomed.
Overall, this is the best book to use for a very first course in econometrics.
BUT BEWARE: THIS BOOK IS A POOR BRIDGE TO THE DREADFUL GREENE!!!!THE BEST BRIDGE IS "LEARNING AND PRACTICING ECONOMETRICS" BY THE SAME AUTHOURS OF "UNDERGRADUATE ECOMETRICS" I.E. HILL, GRIFFITHS, AND JUDGE.
By the way, for those that are looking for a good substitue to "Undergraduate Econometrics", you have "Basic Econometrics" by Gujarati.

Thank you,

Summary: carter makes me not-so-afraid of metrics...

this is one of those econometrics (i'll call it "metrics" from now on to save on typing) books which you know has to cover alot of the slow, boring stuff which lecturers expect students to know by the time they take metrics options and hated by undergraduates. having said that, this book does it quite well. one thing i hate in metrics texts is dense mathematical proofs. especially proofs which assume the reader knows other proofs intimately. this book nicely avoids that, dropping in an adequate and useful amount of proofs, especially the Gauss-Markov Theorem and a proof of why OLS estimation outshines any other method in simple regression analysis. the book does this without being overwhelming - in my opinion, mathematics has to be appreciated through discussion and argument, which Hill et al do quite admirably. Also, metrics is about interpretation of results, not just calculating them, and this book keeps that in mind very well from beginning to end. The reason i gave this book 4 stars is simple. when i was doing my last minute cramming for exams, i was able to move through the book quickly and easily, whilst still appreciating the main points, the big picture, and also the subtleties of more advanced topics like GLS, moments-based estimation and distributed lags in a short space of time. the book also comes with useful end-of-chapter "should know" points and problems. the best thing about the problems is the "real-world" nature of the tasks, often drawing on real-life data and economic intuition. using that data and being able to become comfortable with computer techniques is the most vital thing to a beneficial study of metrics. i found gujarati's "basic econometrics" a nice companion to this book (but then again everyone likes gujarati to some extent), but mostly i was satisfied with this book as a stand-alone manual to second-year metrics studies, good for laying the foundations for studies in topics like maximum likelihood estimation and financial econometrics. oh, and it's small and not too heavy. good for carrying around to classes all day!

使用道具

藤椅
eblog 发表于 2010-1-26 09:53:54 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
My god! 309 MB!

使用道具

板凳
jobonet 发表于 2010-1-27 23:39:22 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
欲下从速,这是目前唯一能找到的版本

使用道具

报纸
shufeyang 在职认证  发表于 2010-1-28 10:35:52 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
好像没法下载啊,请楼主说明如何下载,迅雷也无法下,下来是一个叫dl的文件,不知道什么类型的

使用道具

地板
蓝色 发表于 2010-1-28 11:03:46 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
来这里下载吧
第19个,不过是djvu格式的
http://www.pinggu.org/bbs/viewth ... p;page=1&extra=
已有 1 人评分热心指数 信用等级 收起 理由
knightleo + 1 + 1 谢谢!

总评分: 热心指数 + 1  信用等级 + 1   查看全部评分

使用道具

jobonet 发表于 2010-1-28 23:34:29 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
点击链接后找到
request download ticket
点击后进入另一页面,
右键点击download,另存为即可

使用道具

jobonet 发表于 2010-1-28 23:37:30 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
国内可以链接到那个网页吧,哪位朋友可以通报一下吗?我现在美国,刚才测试了一下完全正常。该文件太大,传不到人大论坛。

使用道具

weiyu1996 发表于 2010-2-9 18:38:22 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
已下载,谢谢

使用道具

bloodlife 发表于 2010-3-16 00:23:38 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
下载不了啊,谁有可以发我email吗, moonef@126.com 感激不尽

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jltj
拉您入交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 21:01